July, 2003, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)., Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
Thesis Title: "Factors influencing prenatal health status among women attending prenatal clinics in selected low income areas of Nairobi, Kenya"
May, 1993, Masters of Education Degree, University of Minnesota, USA,
Major: Community Education & Administration
Specialization: Community Development and Family Education
June, 1992, Bachelor of Science Degree, University of Minnesota, USA,
Major: Home Economics
Specialization: Community Development and Family issues.
June 1989, Associate of Arts Degree, Minneapolis Community College, Minnesota, USA,
Major: Human Nutrition.
January 1990, Registered Nursing Assistant certificate, Hennepin Technical College,Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, USA.
Specialized in clinical, physical, & mental health.
April, 2001, Certificate in Counselling, Amani Counselling Centre and Training Institute Nairobi - Kenya,
a).Presentation of Papers at academic and Professional Conferences
- Maingi, W, S, Ondigi, A. N, (2015):Tourism Destination Branding effectiveness in a developing country context” presented at The International Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Conference (IIBA Florida, 2015) held in Ft.Lauderdale, Florida, USA, between 28 March- 02 April, 2015.
- Ondigi, A. & Maingi, S. Brand Consolidation and Strategy: The Economics of Brand Consolidation in East Africa. Hotel Summit East Africa Nairobi, Kenya August 2013
- Maingi, W, S, Ondigi, A. N, & Wandawi J (2012), The role of Destination brands in influencing choices of wildlife-based Tourism in Kenya. Presented at a Travel and Tourism Research Association Conference held in June 17th -19th 2012 at Virginia Beach Resort hotel, Virginia, USA.
- Pheobe N, Ngige, & Ondigi (2012). Relationship between emotional violence and HIV self-disclosure by PLWHIV to sexual partners, Presented during the Gender conference held at Kenyatta University , Nairobi, Kenya.
- Maingi W. S, Ondigi, A. N, & Wandawi J (2011) The Impacts of Place Brands on Tourist Choice- behavior in Kenya. Paper presented during the Research week June 16th-17th 2011, At Strathmore University, Nairobi, Kenya
- Mutsya M, Ondigi A, & Khayiya R (2010) The application of the All-inclusive holiday Concept at the Kenyan Coast. Paper presented at an International Research Symposium in service Management 1, Maurtius 2010
- Echesa P., Ondigi, A. N & Nyamabaka (2011) Micronutrient Analysis of Pumpkins Leaves (Cucurbita maxima, c. moschata, c. pepo and a gourd lageneria ) Grown by Small Holder Farmers For Food Security In The Lake Victoria Basin, East Africa. Paper presented at an ethonobothany cluster workshop, held in Kampala, Uganda
- Ondigi A. N & Mugenda O M (2010), Psychosocial determinants of Quality of Life among Kenyan adult population. Presented at the First PanAfric International Conference on Family Strength, July 21th - 24 th 2010 at NorthCoast Beach Hotel, Mombasa, Kenya.
- Ondigi A, N & Ondigi S. R July, 2009, The role of universities in globalizing education’ presented at an International Conference on Education, July 10th-12th 2009, KUCC, Kenyatta university.
- Ondigi A, N, Mayaka M, & wandawi J (2007). ‘ Community Tourism in Kenya’ presented during the 1st international conference of the Association of Hospitality schools in Africa (AHSA) Nov 12-14th 2007, Pretoria Hotel School, Cape Town, South Africa
- Ondigi A, N, & Ondigi S.R (2006) , “The impact of poverty on the well being of older people in Nyanza province, Kenya.” Presented during the 8th Global conference of international federation for aging (IFA) 30th May -2nd June 2006, Copenhagen, Netherlands
b).Participation in workshop/conferences
- March, 2014, Senior University Managers’ workshop, held at Northcoast Beach Hotel Mombasa, Kenya
- Sep 2012, Training on Research uptake, held at Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
- July, 2012, Score card management systems Training, school of Monetary studies, Nairobi, Kenya
- Sep 2011, VicRes, Ethnobotany cluster workshop, Attended and presented a paper on Micronutrient Analysis of Pumpkins Leaves (Cucurbita maxima, c. moschata, c. pepo and a gourd lageneria ) Grown by Small Holder Farmers For Food Security In The Lake Victoria Basin, East Africa from Sep 4th-7th 2011, held at Entebbe, Uganda
- July, 2011, Methodology and publishing workshop, KUCC, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya
- June, 2010, Participated in the 17th Biennial International Conference of the International Society for Comparative Physical Education and sports (ISCPES) held at Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya. From 6th -8th 2010.
- July, 2009, Training on Management of University schools, at La Mada hotel, 28th-30th, Nairobi, Kenya
- May, 2009, Regional Deans training workshop with Partnership For Higher Education in Africa (PHEA), 19TH-21ST at KUCC, Kenyatta University
- May 2009, VicRes Annual forum conference, School of monetary studies, Nairobi, Kenya
- May, 2008, VicRes Annual forum conference, Ngurndoto Mountain lodge Hotel,Arusha, Tanzania
- April, 2008, VicRes Ethnobotany cluster seminar, Botanical PanAfric Hotel, Entebe,Uganda
- March 2008, VicRes Lead Sciencetist workshop. Njinja Nile resort, Uganda.
- April 2007, Managers induction seminar, Training on Managerial skills, Utalii College center, Nairobi, Kenya.
- November, 2006, VicRes Team leader’s seminar. Njinja Nile resort, Uganda. Training on leadership and research reporting skills.
- May/June, 2006, International federation for Aging (IFA) Copenhagen, Netherlands. Presented a paper on the Nutritional impact of poverty and Aging.
- March/April, 2006, VicRes harmonization management workshop. International Center for Capacity Building(ICAD). Nairobi, Kenya.Proposal development and harmonization
- March/April, 2005, VicRes harmonization management workshop. International Center for Capacity Building(ICAD). Nairobi, Kenya.Proposal development and harmonization.
- May, 2004, Kenyatta University.Participated on international Gerontology induction workshop organized by Kenyatta University, Georgia State University and Help-Age Kenya. May 24th-26th 2004.
- March, 2004, Panaffric Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.Participated a workshop on Qualitative and Quantitative poverty analysis Techniques Organized by KIPPRA, Kenya March 11th ,2004.
- March, 2002, Kenyatta University module writing workshop.Participated on module writing session
- August 1995, Attended an International Society of Poets convention and symposium held in Washington DC. USA
- March, 2004, Kenyatta University.Organized and presented a paper at an international Environmental Health workshop at Kenyatta University, March, 25th-27th 2004
- April, 2002, Kenya Catholic Secretariat Organization - National women and Gender development section , Amani conference center Nairobi,Facilitated a session on Home-Office stress management.
Omweno Lucy, Ondigi Alice, & Ogolla Lucy (2015), Socio-Cultural Factors Influencing Access to Reproductive Health Service Information among Youth in Korogocho slum of Nairobi, Kenya. Journal of Research on Humanities and Social Sciences – IISTE – ISSN (paper) 2224-5766, ISSN(online) 2225-0484, Vol.5, No. 14, 2015.
Ndayala Pheobe, Ondigi Alice, & Ngige Lucy (2015), Nature and Extent of HIV Self Disclosure by Seropostive Adults in HIV support Groups in Nairobi Count, Kenya. Journal of Research on Humanities and Social Sciences – IISTE – ISSN (paper) 2224-5766, ISSN(online) 2225-0484. Vol.5, No. 16, 2015.
Kieru N. jane, Ngige L, & Ondigi Alice (2015), Factors Associated with Reproductive Behavior of Low Income Mothers in Kiandutu Slum in Thika Municipality, Kenya. Asian Social Science Journal; Canadian Center of Science and education, ISSN 1911-2017, E_ISSN 1911-2025
- Dr. Shem Maingi,Dr. Joe Wadawi and Dr. Alice Ondigi (2015):Market profiling and positioning of park brands in Kenya. (Case of Premium and Under-utilized parks in Kenya)International Journal of Tourism Research.ISSN: 1522-1970. DOI: 10.1002/jtr.2036
- Dr. Shem Maingi, Dr. Joe Wadawi and Dr. Alice Ondigi 2014: Towards a Competitive framework for Park Branding in Kenya. (Case of Premium and Under-utilized parks in Kenya).J Tourism Res Hospitality, 2014 3:2http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2324-8807.1000141 3:2
- Echesa C.A. P., Nyambaka H., Ondigi N.A., Omoterema S., Toil W., and Sande A., (2013) Variation of Micronutrients in Pumpkin Fruit Varieties Grown within the Victoria Basin. Journal of Food Science and Quality Management – IISTE- ISSN 2224-6088(print) ISSN 2224-0557(online) Vol. 17
- Echesa P., Ondigi, A. N & Nyamabaka (2013) Micronutrient Analysis of Pumpkins Leaves (Cucurbita maxima, c. moschata, c. pepo and a gourd lageneria ) Grown by Small Holder Farmers For Food Security In The Lake Victoria Basin, East Africa. African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology.
- Kuria, S. K., Wanderi P, & Ondigi A. N (2012) Hotel Employement in Kenya, contingent work or Professional career? International Journal of Academic Research in Business and social sciences July 2012, Vol.2, No-7 ISSN: 2222-6990
- Ondigi A, N, & Ondigi S. R , (2012). The Influence of Poverty and well Being of the elderly people in Nyanza Province, Kenya. Asian Social Science Journal; Canadian Center of Science and education, AssVol 8, No. 2, February, 2012.
- Kuria, S. K, Wanderi P, & Ondigi A. N (2011). Factors influencing labour turnover in star-rated Hotels in Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal Of Humanaities and Social Science, Centre for Promoting Ideas, USA. IJHSS Vol. 1 No. 20; December 2011 ISSN 2220-8488 (print) 2221-0989(online). http://www.ijhssnet.com/archive/621.html
- Ondigi A, N, & Ondigi S.R , (2011). The Role Of Research In Teaching And Learning Processes In Kenyan Universities. International Journal of Business and Management Tomorrow Vol. 1 No. 2. ISSN 2249-9962
- Ondigi, Alice. N; Mugenda Olive.M (2011), Psychosocial determinants of Quality of Life among Kenyan Families. International Journal Of Humanaities and Social Science, Centre for Promoting Ideas, USA. IJHSS VOL.1. NO.7. ISSN 2220-8488 (print) 2221-0989(online).
- Ondigi, A.N; Ngige L.W; Wilson S (2008) Family Diversity in Kenya (chapter 9) in the Families in Global Context, Taylor & Francis Group, LLC, New York. ISBN: 978-0-7890-2708-5
- Ondigi A. N, Toil, W, Afhini T & Omuterema S (2008), Comparative Analysis of production and utilization of pumpkins (Cucurbita pepo and c. Maxima) by small holder farmers in the lake Victoria basin, East Africa. African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, AJESTX‐08‐014 Vol. 2 (9). Available online at http://www.academicjournals.org/AJest ISSN 1996-0786 © 2008 Academic Journals
- Donald Maingi; Dr. Alice Ondigi; and Dr. Shem Maingi ( 2009 ) A critique of Tourism Management sector reforms in Kenya (Results vs Value driven approach) African Journal of Applied Human sciences ISSN 2070-917X
- Ondigi, A. N. (2005) The influence of partner relationship and Social support to expectant women in Low income areas. Discovery And Innovation journal, vol 17 number ¾ pg 105-209. Dec ISSN1015-079X
Last Updated on Friday, 16 October 2015 05:46